Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

This company has put every roadblock it can find in the way of processing my claim for short term disability.I am beginning to think that Dearborn National is a Ponzi scheme.

I have been out since 12-24, it is now 3-23, and they just now got all of the information they said they needed to process the claim with, and now, tells me it could be months before they can review all of it. ...!??! They told me in an email that "ALL carriers operate this way", which is a lie as I have dealt with at least 2 other companies during my surgical process, and have had no problem what-so-ever. After my surgery, I had to basically do their job for them by going to all of the medical providers and get all of the records and send it to Dearborn, while I was supposed to be recuperating.

During this grueling process, I had to wait even longer, while I researched the proper release of med records forms, and acquire them myself, as Dearborn had sent EVERYONE (about 6 or 8 differing providers) the wrong form - another stalling tactic no doubt. Now, the reason we pay for temporary disability is because, if we have to take time out of work because of an illness, we can pay our bills.

With this in mind, if your policy doesn't pay you until you've already gone back to work, and have been back for months, what good is it?I urge anyone thinking about getting a policy at Dearborn yo consider this carefully.

Review about: Dearborn National Disability Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Dishonest practices, How they cheated us out of compensation, Lied.

Had an Experience with Dearborn National?

Comments