y husbaand had 4 bypasses done in april 2010 . he has insurance at work if he get sick he gets paid.

they is a laugh 300.00 a week. we had to fight for that. but the reason why i am upset is because they forced him to take his vacation pay so they would have to pay him 600.00 then they wrote us a letter they paid us too much money so we have sent them 643.00 well quess what i am going to take mine sweet time senting it back. i think they owe us for the first 2 weeks he was off.

they did not tell us if he took vacation pay he will not get the money from them. they suck do not do business with them they will cheap you.good luck this insurance is so bad and very rude people.

Comments

I would report them to the Attorney General of your state. I'm dealing with them now, excuses that they don't have my medical records, which I signed a release.

They use intimidation and no regard for people what they are going through.

I became disabled from work in 2010 and had short term and long term I did get paid short term ,but later was charged the total amount of the short term when the long term kicked in . I also was paid have of the amount of the policy amount which should have been 2000.00 plus but was only paid 1154.00 a month they claimed that it was due to disability payment from Gov.

I did filed for taxes in case I owed anything turned out that its tax free so they really stole the rest of my claim .I was also told I would receive a check until I am 65 which is about 8 years from now and now have not received any check as of May of 2013. I am disabled and have not worked since 2010

I would like to join in filing a lawsuit against Dearborn as they are not operating fairly. I have been waiting since May 2013 to start receiving my short-term disability payments and it's now the end of J July 13 and I have not received one penny as yet.

JR

Saint Albans, West Virginia, United States #645003

they r a bad company i been done the same way

On Monday they are sending me to a doctor of their choice so that they can build a case against me to cancel my benefits guess what I am building a case against them also!

to Carol #593936

No surprise hearing these comments as Dearborn undertakes a massive reorganization in 2013 as its hemorrhaging from losses due to mismanagement and abandonment of its parent company (HSCS) Blue Cross of Texas. .over 50% of its employees are about to be laid off.

Dearborn has gone through 3 CEO's in six months and even with this being the case, rating agencies such as AM Best and Standard and Poors reaffirmed their ratings??...They will have trouble meeting their financial obligations going forward..truly a criminal enterprise that needs to be investigated ....

whatever you do, DONT buy anything from them. I have gone round and round with pam davis, evelyn (witch) lebrucce.

FInally after trying the no good senators offices, whom I will Never vote for any of them again, No help. I did write a letter of appeal to ERS. 8 months later they have just re-instated my policy.

They have the worst customer service. THey have horrible buisness practice, I am wondering if I sue them for the 8 mths they refused to pay me..anyone???

to Dont purchase a policy from de #594249

No surprise hearing these comments as Dearborn undertakes a massive reorganization in 2013 as its hemorrhaging from losses due to mismanagement and abandonment in most states by its parent company (HCSC)/ Blue Cross of ill, Texas, OK, NM. ..over 50% of its employees are about to be laid off.

Dearborn has gone through 3 CEO's in the past six months and even with this being the case, rating agencies such as AM Best and Standard and Poors reaffirmed their ratings??...They will have trouble meeting their financial obligations going forward..

truly a criminal enterprise that needs to be investigated ....

Dearborn is the absolute WORST...I did finally after 8 mths got mine approved by ERS. This Mickey Mouse company is run my a bucket full of idiots !! not to mention they are RUDE//

My wife worked for the State of Texas prison system and had a major heart attack and had to be shocked back to life twice. All the drs we have seen told her she could not work again.

With Dearborn and LTD it has been a circus to say the least, they want this report and that report and lie about not receiving them. And now they cancell payments for the third time with not much of an excuse.

This company border lines criminal with the way they do business. :upset

to Larry Foster #593931

had a double mascectomy(?) in feb 2011 doctor told them i would be off until aug 1 they stopped my payments on short tem disability (6 months)on june 15 stating they needed more medical documents my doctor sent numerous faxes and they clai=med they didn't get them i sent them and reeived a receipt and they claim they didn't get them also. Cna never reach caseworker bills due husband stressed im stressed what a mess. :cry

to yvette #887947

I went through the exact same situation, only for a pelvic fracture and complications. Now my job is terminating me because Dearborn National denied, knowing full well there are plenty of documents available.

Of course they go by what Dearborn says right? The answer was always that they never received anything, when I had 4 different people from my doctors office resend what they needed. At some point I even had someone from Dearborn confirm the reception, so I waited for processing. Only to be told later that they never received it, and by that point it was too late to do anything else.

Although, I had reps telling me they would have to review anything else submitted, and that claims never close, etc. My employer even wanted a release letter for me to basically show up and be terminated. Doesn't make any sense to believe these clowns. Every rep tells you something different, and the examiners never return phone calls!

The only exception is Diana H, who is probably the only legit and competent employee they have! She was my first examiner who got the first part of my claim approved, so I am appreciative or her hard work and patience with that (the were a lot of setbacks with my doctors office at that time). I've had to move twice and am so behind on bills, now add that I'm left without healthcare that I actually need. Sadly, part of me feels relieved with the fact that I don't have to deal with this horrible company anymore.

I've filed for short term disability with other companies a couple of times in the past (for unrelated reasons) with no problems. I hope to never come across Dearborn National again.

I think that all of you need to read your benefits booklets, and understand what kind of policy you actualy have. Most disability policies have a waiting period before benefits are paid, usuall two week for short term disability and 90 days for long term disability.

Its not the insurance company that is in the wrong, it is your responsibility to understand and know your benefits instead of thinking the world ows you.

Be smart. :roll

i am fighting the same fight, go to your state reps that is what im doing and notify the insurance board of the state you are in! i am making it my goal to make them pay please send me all your storys about dearborn butt heads to shiannie1@yahoo.com i want to get all the info i can and if you are willing i want to send it to any and every one who will leason they need to pay

to Robie George #638459

Dearborn National has been nothing but a headache,fustrating event after another. Filling out forms one after another, after every STD ck it was the last one according to them,I had argued with their supervisor they thought I went back to work,also to them I did not pay for LTD, I faxed the 5 yrs of proof, and they had the nerve to ask me if I am going back or have gone back to work already,and can I work somewhere else for the same.

This last forms I recieved to signed my answers are not sweet and professional anymore. After 7 1/2yrs paying for this insurance and then getting this treatment is inconsidered and heartless. I had been on medical leave since 12/20/2012 for carpal tunnel.I had surgery on 3/30/2013 one hand, canceled surgery for the other hand forget it I rather search for somewhere else.This company needs to be OUT!

I worked hard as a CNA and paid my dues. :( :( :x

I agree with all of you out there!

Time to do something about it!

write to the insurance commissioner! I have been dealing with these *** sense 02/24/2011!

Never get to speak with the same person all- ways being shuffled around! and lied to! Dont forget that the more claims they deny, the bigger their bonus is, that is just the way it works! keep fighting dont ever stop!

you know whats right in your heart! I dont know how these people sleep @ noc? I will call it Karma what goes around all ways comes back around!

They will get theirs in the long run! all we have is time and the time is right now!

This is very much true. I was diagnose with breast cancer last year in November.

I had surgery in December 2010 was on FMLA on my job until January 15, 2011. I was inform by my companies HR benefit to call Dearborne insurance for them to dicuss with me about my long term disability. I've spoken with several person in three week neither person in customer service could give me accurate information about my claim file and statement from my physicians when returning back to work threw my jobs.I recently call spoken with the Estimator about when will I be receiving a check. She told me it will be three month before I can get a check.

I mention to her that no one never told me that I have to wait 90 days and it base on my return back to work date before I get paid.I need my money for my rent is past due and medication. Customer service is poorly and not courteous and the Estimator I spoken with was not professional, not understanding,rude also had bad customer service.

to Dorothea Bob #594250

truly a criminal enterprise that needs to be investigated ....